RAM overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^not neccessarily(sp?lol)^^

i run mine up to 450+mhz at 4-4-4-12-22-2T, but the voltage is 2.1 instead of the factory spec of 5-5-5-18-23-2T @1.8 (or 1.9 or whatever). it is factory tested at that voltage (2.1) @ 400mhz with those timings.
be careful going over the rated voltage for your ram.
the only thing that will mess up your ram is overvolting it.
running it as fast as it is able to run will not harm it at all.
also, blackhawk:
that is the general principle.
if you raise your fsb and it overclocks your ram past its max speed, you will have to set a divider to stabilize it.
a lot of people run c2ds on a 1:1 divider (especially the 6300 and 6400) as they are able to reach such high fsb that some ram cannot match it unless it is 1:1. just depends on your ram.
from what i have read and seen, g skill seems to be the best for running with high overclocks, using a divider other than 1:1.

just increasing the FSB all u need to do to OC ur ram? That sounds easy.............what about the voltage? Would we *as in me n blackhawk13* have to increase that too or leave it?

Wildside said:
just increasing the FSB all u need to do to OC ur ram? That sounds easy.............what about the voltage? Would we *as in me n blackhawk13* have to increase that too or leave it?

it all depends on your ram.
frequency-wise, it doesnt seem higher voltage is as important as it is when you are trying to tighten timings.
i do not overvolt (i.e. more than is spec'd by maunufacturer) because i don't need to. the timings are tight enough for me @ 2.1V. plus, i just don't want to take the risk of burning up (lol) 300 dollars worth of ram.
i would get the frequency as high as possible with the highest voltage allowed by manufacturer and leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom