Constructive criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xandrex said:
I know, that is the next part I am researching. I was actually doing that today a little bit. I'm aiming for a 600W to give plenty of room for growth.

Thats ok, Stick to the brands I suggested and youll be set.

Xandrex said:
Ummm, it's not a requirement, but I would like to have the option in the future if I did want to add a second card. why is that a bad idea?

No, it's not a "bad" idea, it just doesn't add much performance right now for the money. Also it changes what parts you need, like the motherboard and psu. Don't cheap out on this part, it should be one of the top priorities. PC Power and Cooling, Seasonic, Corsair..can't go wrong with those 3. As for wattage I'm not sure how much two 8800GTX's would take to run smoothly, you might want to look into that. I think around 550-650w though would be fine though. As for motherboard, if you want SLI you're kind of limited to the evga 680i, the asus P5N32-E 680i, and a couple of others.

AMD's new CPU's are coming out in June, and will work in socket AM2. AMD claims they'll be up to 40% better than the C2D's.

Also, ATI's new video cards are coming out this year (before AMD's new CPU's come out). I think they will be better than the 8800 GTX's.

Just a little tip..........every new technology is usually better than the one it succeeds ;)

lol..touche.

but vista should be just as good or better than xp once they fix all the crap wrong with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom