Speech recognition in Windows Vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it won't work. I've been trying for years with programs like these. it doesn't work to well with african american males who live in the hood. it works fine for my wife (who btw doesn't sound like an african american female, even though she is. most people who talk to her on the phone thinks that she is white).

me and my friends use to play with MS word and the dragon natural speaking programs and they don't understand us either. we do talk slow and clear into the mike. it will understand a few words, but not most.

last night, none of us could get the machine to understand the word "period" (including my wife). I don't know why

Remember, the program is programmed for 1 persons voice. You can create multiple profiles, my younger sister tried to use it and no words came out at all correct for her. Why? Because its trying to read my voice; the sound waves from my voice are much different from hers so it could not understand any of it. You can create multiple profiles in options. Hence why it didnt even work for your wife

Slam'n Systems said:
Remember, the program is programmed for 1 persons voice. You can create multiple profiles, my younger sister tried to use it and no words came out at all correct for her. Why? Because its trying to read my voice; the sound waves from my voice are much different from hers so it could not understand any of it. You can create multiple profiles in options. Hence why it didnt even work for your wife

I know that, but it still doesn't change anything. we can set it up for her, but we can't set it up for me. I'm the one that want to use it. I'm a horrible typer. I want to use speech dictation

Slam'n Systems said:
Works fine for me. :) It is really interesting and is now how I talk to all my friends online (Instant Messanger)

What instant messenger, works with speech recognition, because I tried windows live messenger with speech recognition and it didn't work.

Tim

Well all you have to do is have the cursor in the text box and you can speak, then it will type it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom