Pictures, finnially....

Status
Not open for further replies.
blackhawk13 said:
Erm. I don't think it's side by side... I've never seen that before, it doesn't make sense. I mean, why would they make the slots black and yellow? I mean, I very well could be wrong, I've just never seen that before. Double check that and make sure man. :).

edit: Awesome build! I'll be ordering an e6600 in the summer time, after Intel drops their prices :).

edit2: Check this picture out: http://www.phoronix.net/image.php?id=621&image=abit_p5b_sys_lrg

Once again, double check and make sure those are in the right slots.

I thought it was 1 and 3 to lol... but i never used ASUS...

I used that same board on a build over Christmas break and I used slots 1 and 3. They are corresponding colors and it just seams to be right but I'll double check.

That is the board I am using and you need to match the colors for dual channel. The manual says to do it the way you have which I thought seemed strange so I looked into it and found out the manual is wrong. I believe I found it on the ASUS website but I don't remember for sure.

The correct format is corresponding colors. No more arguing or input is necessary. Please close this thread as people have spent enough time looking for the correct format to solve a simple logic problem. It is ALWAYS alternating DIMMs for modern consumer-level ATX boards.

decibaL said:
The correct format is corresponding colors. No more arguing or input is necessary. Please close this thread as people have spent enough time looking for the correct format to solve a simple logic problem. It is ALWAYS alternating DIMMs for modern consumer-level ATX boards.

Wrong... MSI and some other boards are opposite... Green=1 and 2 Orange= 3 and 4.... 1 and 3 = Dual channel 2 and 4 equal dual channel

Firm Post 1/2 rite 1/2 wrong

decibaL said:

uh, wrong.
abit kn-9 ultra
"To reach the performance of Dual Channel DDR2, the following rules must be obeyed:
FOR A 2DIMM DUAL-CHANNEL INSTALLATION:
Populate DIMM modules of the same type and size on slots DIMM1+DIMM2 or slots DIMM3 + DIMM4

*DIMM1 and DIMM2 slots are made of the same color"
and they are side by side, i can take pictures if need be...
straight up out of the manual, professor.
please don't suppose to know everything, as logic itself dictates that there is an exception to every rule and "ALWAYS" is usually not the case.

O.P. the DIMMS should be the same color but they may or may not be side by side...read the manual.:amazed:

You really need to turn the Zelman around though. It's made to blow off the heat into the outtake fan, Not blow the heat back into the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom