When to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas I want to build a completely new PC but I don't know when will proces drop, especially CPUs and GFXs. I was looking into getting e6600 and 8800gtx. Any advice would be very helpful thanks.

Give us your total Budget.
What Parts you won't need ( Ex: Moniter keyboard, w/e you want to reuse)
And what you want to do on the computer.
If your waiting on any games it would be helpful to list them.

I want to build from scratch because I am selling my old PC to my friend. That includes things like mouse, keyboard, etc. I want it mainly for gaming. I currently have:

AMD 64 3500
bfg 7800gt
2 gb ram
dfi lanparty nF4 mobo

My PC was running fine for about 3 years but now I want to play MODERN games with fast frames and high resolutions. For example I was playing Call of Juarez with 1440X900, everything MAX with only 20-25 frames. That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way I live in Canada so if you guys know any cheap places I can get parts, it would be greatly appreciated. By the way as far as budget is concerned, I want a bang for the buck machine, within $1500-$2000 CDN range.

E6600 and 8800GTX kicks butt.

1750 3DMARK 06
16 Sec's Super Pi (OC'ed 3 GHZ, 18 Secs stock)
Always 100FPS on BF2 (HIGH, 1440x900, 16xQAA, 16AF)
Same with F.E.A.R^

E6600 rules for overclocking aswell, 3GHz EASY!!
RUNS ANYTHING OH HIGH

Give us the site or sites you wan't to order from.

This build should be pretty straight forward..
Something along the lines of.
E6400
ASUS P5B E
8800GTX
2 GB G SKill DDR2 800
Fortron 450 Watt

The core components anyways..

I agree with Ste except I would take the 40 from the E6400 and downgrade to an E6300 as you won't notice a difference. Take that 40 bucks and put it in like a PSU with more watts or something. The PSU will work with the 8800GTX but won't leave much room for upgrade and since you had your last one for 3 years you might as well get one with enough watts to handle that for another 3 years. Add 40 bucks to it and get like the 530 Hiper, or even an Antec Truepower Trio.

gmanych said:
E6600 and 8800GTX kicks butt.

1750 3DMARK 06
16 Sec's Super Pi (OC'ed 3 GHZ, 18 Secs stock)
Always 100FPS on BF2 (HIGH, 1440x900, 16xQAA, 16AF)
Same with F.E.A.R^

E6600 rules for overclocking aswell, 3GHz EASY!!
RUNS ANYTHING OH HIGH

Just out of curiosity, how much did you spend on your rig?

Also the ANSWER I am waiting for is when to upgrade? I hear ATI and AMD will launch their new products soon and therefore Nvidia and Geforce prices will go down.

Upgrade April 22nd. Thats the release of the new Core 2 Duo's and the price cut on current ones. Also the new Nvidia and ATI card will be out by then.

Sora said:
I agree with Ste except I would take the 40 from the E6400 and downgrade to an E6300 as you won't notice a difference. Take that 40 bucks and put it in like a PSU with more watts or something. The PSU will work with the 8800GTX but won't leave much room for upgrade and since you had your last one for 3 years you might as well get one with enough watts to handle that for another 3 years. Add 40 bucks to it and get like the 530 Hiper, or even an Antec Truepower Trio.

I wanted to get e6600 instead of e6400 since it is more powerful. You see I want to build a rig that will be futureproof. I want a motherboard that will handle future CPUs, memory, GFX etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom