First Boot No Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal99c

Solid State Member
I'm a newbie, hoping you guys can help me with few suggestions.

I'm building a new computer and now encounter few problems. Here's specs:

INTEL 975X (LGA 775)
E6600 CPU (2.4GHz)
WD 250G SATA 3.0
1GB Dual RAM (Kingston Value)
Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB
Zalman CPU Heat Sink
Thermaltake TR2 430W

Problems:
At the first boot, there is no sign of keyboard and mouse having power. Chasis front and rear fans run fine. Graphic card fan also runs.

Mobo isn't recognizing IDE devices such as DVD burner. Basically, the reject is not responding (it does only if I unplug IDE cable).

Finally, monitor is blank. Checked and verified that cable is connected and card is in the slot properly.

I thought the problem was the RAM. Problems persist even switching to different RAM (using 667 and/or 800).

Dont know if this helps but both the VR and CPU lit up (red). Mobo also lit (green). My chasis come with a 4-pin Speaker connector. Is this unnecessary?

You should connect the speaker to the motherboard.Usually you will hear a sequense of "beeps" from that speaker,which indicate if there's some kind of problem.

johnyB_24 said:
You should connect the speaker to the motherboard.Usually you will hear a sequense of "beeps" from that speaker,which indicate if there's some kind of problem.

This mobo does not have a speaker connector. It does however have an onboard. There has not been any beeps.

mal99c said:
Dont know if this helps but both the VR and CPU lit up (red). Mobo also lit (green). My chasis come with a 4-pin Speaker connector. Is this unnecessary?

So whats the 4-pin speaker connector for?

Re: Re: First Boot No Display

ibelous said:
So whats the 4-pin speaker connector for?

Sorry, it's not a connector. Shoulda checked before posted :) It's the pin the came with the chasis

I was searching for help on Intel support page, and noticed mobo would beep if it did not detect a system memory. I tested the mobo by taking out the RAM. With the only CPU installed, I turned on the mobo. The board lit and still no beep. Is it possible this mobo is faulty?

decibaL said:
Resort to your motherboard manual and reset your CMOS.

Here's what I did: Unplug power cord, took out the battery, waited 1 min. Put everything back and power on, still no beep for error. Any other suggestions?

decibaL said:
Did you put the jumper to clear CMOS?

Some posts suggested to switch to 2-3 then back to norm. Others suggested to take it out. Which is the correct way?

Thanks for following up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom