8900gtx Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BuddyRo said:
Can Nvidia Name a card the 9xxx?.... ATI already has the 9xxx
wonder what will come next?

I wuldnt think NVidia could name thier card a 9800GTS?

I think they only go up in the series, when they completely change the card's architecture or something. Like the transition from the 7 series to the 8 series, with the stream processors, instead of pixel pipelines...and support for DX10. The 89xx series, is just on the new 80nm process, and with GDDR4...with faster clocks, as well.

b1gapl said:
I think they only go up in the series, when they completely change the card's architecture or something. Like the transition from the 7 series to the 8 series, with the stream processors, instead of pixel pipelines...and support for DX10. The 89xx series, is just on the new 80nm process, and with GDDR4...with faster clocks, as well.

Ya i know that.... im talkin when they do go up in series... They wont be able to name their next card 9800GTS...?

nitestick said:
ATI did have a 7 and 8 series you know ;)

Ya i no they had a 7 and 8 series BUT it was 7500 7550 and 8500... the only ati card that had 8 in the second number was the 9800 card.... lol no big deal just curious... could be why there was never an Nvidia 7500GT who knows lol

ive read a few articles about the 8950GX2, just like the 7950GX2 with two boards.

i guess i will have some decisions to make for the next build this coming summer.....ATi or Nvidia.....

also, for crossfire, do the cards need to be the same exact card and manufacturer, like SLi setups, or could I go with an X2800txt now and slam in an X2850XTX when they come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom