where does data go first when uploaded from the hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
Hello,
When data is loaded from the hard drive to ram, does all the data loaded from the hard drive have to go to the cpu and then go to ram? Or does the data that is needed right away need to go to the cpu and the rest that are not needed right away go strieght to RAM?

Thanks

Well i think is like this...

Harddisk~~>page file~~>RAM~~>L2cache~~>L1cache~~>CPU

Correct me if i'm wrong~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well with the Athlon 64, RAM has its own independant bus that connects the CPU and RAM together so how would the data bypass the processor to get to the RAM if it is not going to be processed right away?

Thanks for the link. Still have one more question though that reading the article brough to my attenction. About your first post wouldn't the result not only go to the video card out to the monitor but also have to be sent to ram so you could save the manipualaited data to the hard drive once ready?

yea but thats only when your saving a document, like when u use copy and paste the data is saved in the RAM not to the hard drive until its pasted, or also when your working on a document undo something the last previous command is saved in there.

On your analogy are you saying that once a piece of needed data is sent by RAM and caculated by the CPU that that data is erased from RAM after caculation?

I was told that Motherboards that use hyper transport that the connection between RAM and the CPU are independant, not connecting to hypertranport. Now how would data get from the hard drive to the RAM like its suppose to if there is no bus connecting to the independant bus that lays between the CPU and RAM? AND I dont think the data can og right past the CPU. The graph that explained this looked something like this...

RAM-------
|
CPU
|
|
Northbridge
|
|
Southbridge-----HARDDRIVE

(sorry for keeping this thread going so long:( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom