DVD & DVDrw Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucoop66

Beta member
I built a new computer about 6 months ago and all was well until recently. My DVD-ROM drive decided to only read discs half the time. As well as playing the sound from DVDs but no video!

I thought my DVD-ROM drive was bad so I ordered a Lite-On DVD-RW drive. Now I have a similar problem with this drive as well. I cannot burn... it starts and about half way through it says it can't complete the disk.

I also noticed that the "auto-play" function decided to not work for my DVD ROM or DVDRW. I asked a geek squad guy about it and he said to replace the IDE cable. I did that and still no luck. I currently have the DVD ROM and primary and the RW as slave. I am not sure what to do, I have tried both of them independently from eachother as well.

PLEASE HELP! I am so fustrated

Have you installed any games with starforce copy protection. I know this is messing up many drives. Just a thought.....

Not that I know of! I thought it was possibly a codec problem as well, but I got rid of all of those to be sure and still no dice.

I had two drives go out in my system about a year ago one DVD burner and one CD burner within one week. The DVD burner was an external I never did find out what it was but neither would work even in another computer. You could try a firmware update from the vendor website.

C'mon... Someone's gotta know a way to help me out? I'm hoping it is something fixable....

Is there anychance the port on the moboard is bad or something? Device power cables? I need ideas guys! Please help! I can't live w/o my drives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom