Second HDD problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyLuckyFree

Solid State Member
I finally got to putting my second SATA HDD in my case and hooked it up. Now in my BIOs the motherboard recognizes and all, It's also shown in the little symbol in my task bar showing removable drives. But I can't access it at all, My first HDD which is a raptor works fine, but I can't figure out how to access my second HDD. Any clue?

Go to Start-Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Computer Management,choose Storage and then Disk Management.Can you see your second HDD listed there?

Check the drivers site for your system board manufacturer, or use the driver cd that came with the system board. What's likely happening is you don't have your SATA controller drivers installed. The bios knows how to recognise it, windows doesn't.

If windows does recognise it, it's most likely not formatted. JohnyB_24's been kind enough to show us how to access disc managment. In there, you should be able to partition and or format the drive.

Hard drives will be listed at the bottom. This one would probably show up as "Disc 1" showing as unformatted.
Right click > format > follow on screen instructions.

Hope that helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom