Power Supply issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithid

Beta member
I have a Classic Series Desktop Motherboard DG965RY and a 585 W powersupply just bought the power supply i had last did not work.... This new one does. One the Motherboard there is a green light now. But nothing happens when i push power. Maybe the power button wires could be bad but maybe there is something that im not doing right. This is not my first complete build so im kinda confused. Thanks for your help when you get here.

The Computer never turns on for me to do that is there anything else you can think of. The computer has never been on for me to change anything its new and custom. thanks

Did you build this computer from scratch and havent had it boot yet.If so check your fron pins for your power ,reset ,hdd ,speaker to make sure there pluged in right.

I have done that and all pins are in correctly there is no place for the hd sound or anything iv'e looked i have the power, reset, led lights all that but it doesn' power on.

When you press the power button, does your computer turn on (as in the fans spinning) or nothing happens at all. If the situation is the former then OPEN up your computer and resort to your motherboard manual on how to reset the CMOS - you have to do this physically not through BIOS. If it is the latter than look at your power switch cable and make sure it is aligned properly - usually the little triangle indicates the positive lead located on the connector to pin - or your power supply could be dead.

No when I plugged the power supply into the wall with it connected to the motherboard there is a green light by the memory, that is on. This wasn't on before when I had the older power supply in. So I think im sure the power supply is ok. What I am thinking is its either this cmos problem which im going to try right now. Or this could be that the wiring is messed up for the power and reset button. Do you think that the wiring could be messed up? Have you ever had a problem like that?? O well im going to reset the cmos then see what happens from there im just hoping that the motherboard isn;t messed up. Thanks for the help man. And another thing that I was thinking do I need stand off screws on the motherboard could that be short circuiting the motherboard. And if this is the case is my motherboard done with ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom