motherboard choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjay

Beta member
Ok, I am working on a custom build for my new rig right now. I am going to be using the new Intel Quad Core processor Core 2 Extreme QX6700 and using two EVGA GeForce 8800 graphics boards. This is going to be an all use computer, both for developing as that is my job and as a gaming rig so I will want to over clock and play around. I am looking for a stable board, one that will last for a long time. Here are the 4 that I am looking at right now:

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR

Abit IN9 32X-MAX

Asus Striker Extreme

Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6

They all look as though they have the same specs with the exception of a few things but each of these look as though they are really good, difference is name and price. I am looking for a suggestion for a good one to go with.

Thanks.

I've heard good things about that Asus board, though it is a pretty penny to buy.... All those boards seem OK, but if I was building and had the cash... I'd probably go for the Asus board.

At this point, price isn't the concern, these boards are all pretty close in price from the supplier I can get them from. I just want to make sure I get the best one for my money.

Striker is the best board available or so I hear. It has some neato lcd diagnostic screen :)

well I just read some reviews and its seems to be hitting a wall at around 450fsb...it depends on how much you expect your going to overclock.

Well, I had planned on the Asus but when I went back this week and started looking, the gigabyte was now available and I liked alot of the features of that one, it had quad 1GB NIC's and more SATA ports available which I liked. I had also looked at the EVGA board as that has a lifetime warranty on it but I was more or less looking between the ASUS and the Gigabyte. The only reason I threw the ABIT board in there is because the last system I built had an ABIT board in it and that system lasted for 5 years with absolutely no problems until it was hit by lightening and that machine I built benched better than any machine close to it, I even benched higher than faster models at that point too and that was not overclocking it either. The only thing that concerned me on that board was the warranty which is only a year.

wow man thats alot for a motherboard
if i were you i would get something like...
ABIT AW9D MAX
MSI 975X
ASUS P5B Deluxe

all great boards and under 200 bucks and will have all the feature you will actually use

thoose boards you are looking at are really expensive and cmon are you honestly going to use half the useless features they come with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom