Speech recognition in Windows Vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I have been using Windows vista's speech recognition software and I have to say, it works very well.

I have navigated to this website, and I am dictating this post using our Windows Vista speech recognition!

Has anybody else use this?

Tim

yeah i used this for a bit a few weeks ago and was quite impresed with it. One thing that annoyed me was when saying "start...all programs" it would search "all programs" instead of navigating to the installed programs. Everything else i thought was very smart

Yes, but it is a little bit slower than using keyboard and mouse! But I'm sure that it will speed up as a gain confidence...

Again and dictating this message and talking fluently and there are very few errors.

Windows Vista speech recognition is better than any other speech recognition program I have used.

Tim

I just turned it on after I read this post and went through the tutorial. Does it really learn from its mistakes? lol, its pretty neat..no more typing essays haha

go to control panel and switch to classic view and its on the left side i believe.

this is ghey. I had to stop before I threw the computer out of the window. I want to sue MS. Bill gates need to put people in the hood for Ebonics dictation

It is pretty interesting, in fact my post right now is using the program. Although it is quite slow to do I find that using this is pretty fun when I am really bored.

I don't find it slow at all really, once you train it to recognise your voice it is really quite easy to use.

When I use it it hardly makes any mistakes, you just have to configure it correctly.

Do you know if it works with firefox, it's driving me mad working with Internet explorer!

I would highly recommend using voice recognition.

Have fun

Tim

timblanchard said:
I don't find it slow at all really, once you train it to recognise your voice it is really quite easy to use.

When I use it it hardly makes any mistakes, you just have to configure it correctly.

Do you know if it works with firefox, it's driving me mad working with Internet explorer!

I would highly recommend using voice recognition.

Have fun

Tim

Do you just constantly goto Train Speech Recognition and keep doing it? Sometimes it has trouble understanding when I say "Show Numbers" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom