Sudden PC Slowdown/Lockups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Ok so i have a C2D E6300 2GB RAM and an X1950PRo Graphics card. You would think it should have no problems after logging into and loading up the desktop. Wrong, my PC previouslt delath with it with ease, but literally a few hours a go i Put in my Sondblaster Live Card, It was fine. I Installed the drivers, it Was fine. Then i installed the Creative EAX and Control settings and thats it. My pc has dramtically slowed down. Steam for CS wont launch it simply locks up. I get the following error message aswell. Runtime 206 Error (i got this before the card was installed and there was no apprent problem) and now i get a CLIStart.Exe Error saying 'Memory can not be ''Read''. I think this is the problem.

UPDATE: I have now discovered the problem is Steam, when i start the program up and click on games, it searches for updates. and then either says 'Game List File problem, Steam will now download new game list files' and then locks up. or it locks up looking for updates, when it locks up and says 'Not Responding' it slowss my whole pc down to a point were its unusable - Steam auto starts when i log in :). So now i just need to fix steam, theres only solong one can live without CS after theyve caught 'CS Disease'

I have uninstalled the EAX and Creative Settings and reinstalled Steam. My system is now less responsive than my sisters athlon 2200 and 256mb of Ram.

And games from Steam wont launch, and ive uninstalled and reinstalled steam. I dont know what to do now.

Thanks

Ok, well ive fixed it now luckily. For some reason all my Steam games had uninstalled. Very annoying :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom