friends maybe rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy

Baseband Member
hey guys, a friend of mine is thinking of building a computer, and he put one together and he just wants to see what you think, and helpful tips you can give him before he buys it.

CPU: Intel E6400 C2D

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3P

RAM: Geil 800MHz DDR2 2.0GB

GPU: XFX GeForce 8800GTS XXX 320M T80G-GHD9
580Mhz@1.8Ghz

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 160GB

CASE: Antec "Nine Hundred" Tower

PSU: 530 watt Tagan TG530-U22 2FORCE SERIES

so thats it and helpful advice you can give would be really appreciated, thanks.

Very nice build but I always suggest the E6300 over the E6400 becuase the only difference you will notice is the 40 bucks that aren't in your wallet anymore haha. I would just take the 40 bucks and put it somewhere else.

Also Geil makes excellent ram but in terms of performance/price G.Skill is King. It's hard for me not to recommend G.Skill though so don't mind me. If you found it for a good price Geil makes excellent memory too.

Depends on if he's overclocking. That extra multiplier makes it easier to overclock. If your not overclocking then yeah. Save the $40 and overclock the e6300 to the e6400's speed (won't even have to change the voltage so your not losing anything).

I disagree, the Extra multiplier doesn't make it "easier" at all since getting a higher FSB is easier with a lower multiplier. What it does is give you extra mhz in the multiplier at the same FSB as the E6300. The thing is though, the real power comes from the FSB and the extra multiplier doesn't add much performance.

They are the same overclocking in terms of FSB but the E6400 x8 multiplier just makes your CPU look more powerful becuase it will be clocked higher but in terms of even benchmarks theres not much difference. I just don't see the point in really wasting 40 bucks that way.

fair enough i will swap the e6400 to the e6300, other than that nothing else really wrong??

Yea your right, the E6300vs the the E6400 really isnt noticeable. The E6600's 4mb cache will be though in a few things.

Still for the money since it's more just go with the E6300. It's plenty fast enough and the only difference from an E6400 opposed to an E6300 you will notice is the difference of cash in your wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom