Critique my new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are not overclocking (which is stupid I think since it's safe these days) then no you will not need an aftermarket cooler. As for the RAM timings just get RAM thats Cas 5 and overclock it to Cas 4. Trust me on this...It's so simple and safe a 3 year old could do it probably. Cas 4 you wouldn't notice much difference really but since money isn't an option and you want good performance then go with cas 4 ram.

So there is a noticeable difference then, if you think I should overclock it?

Ram is easy to overclock and safe, actually overclocking in general these days is safe. I don't know from experience since I've always had my ram at Cas 4 but I hear in some games maps load faster with the sweet spot of timing in C2D which is 4.

I'll keep everything how it is in the first post then, and maybe bump the processor up to E6700.

NO!!! DON'T

The E6700 is the worst chip in the C2D line in terms of cash. Do not waste your money and stick with an E6600 and just buy better ram.

Please don't buy an E6700 though, just not a good buy at all.

You don't wanna build one yet you'll upgrade it? I guess you mean take it into a shop for them to do it?
If you can replace a cpu that's bout all there is to building a computer. Putting the cpu in an the heat sink on it. Everything else snap's into place.......

That's one bad thing when buying a pre-built pc... You get some good part's an the rest end up being ****.
An then when you have one built to your liking you get screwed from being so over priced it's sad.

But with such a big build why only go with a 7950?

Yea I believe augest has some experience with pre-built computers and getting **** parts. The site you are buying from is highly overpriced. I would rather buy from alienware as the prices would be similar but alienware is the best.

It's sad though since he's right, putting together a computer is like building with Legos..just snap em into place.

If you really don't want to though I suggest going somewhere else as it's so overpriced.

AND if you DONT want to do that then I suggest just staying with an E6600 and getting Cas 4 ram and wasting your money...and yea go with an 8 series card instead.

Last try...the money is not an issue :) :)

All I wanted was advice on quality parts, not what is the best bang for the buck or the best value. Let me worry about what I can and can't afford.

Anyway, I've gotten what I needed from this thread- thanks everyone.

Alright....but don't do anything stupid like getting that E6700 is all. It's one of the worst choices today, stick with your E6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom