Open File Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsrt

Baseband Member
We are running an Dell Dimension 2600 Server that houses a Pervasive 8 database. We have a built in tape backup on the server and use Tapeware for our backup utility.

Problem we have is backing up open files. We purchased Open File Manager to deal with this issue, but whenever we run OFM and Tapeware to do the backup...it completely hangs the server which forces us to restart.

This can be very inconvienient considering the fact that there are people inputting data at the time of the crash. Now, not only do we have no decent backup, but now we are also dealing with table corruption due to the fact that it's a relational db.

So far, we've updated the OFM software and I've email tech support, but have no answers from them as of yet. Tapeware works fine by itself, just doesn't back up the open files.

I've heard that Tapeware has a feature built in to handle open files in a btrieve environment such as pervasive, but with my limited knowledge on tapeware, I'm not sure how to implement it.

Are there any ideas as to how to get a good solid backup of all files on this server?

I heard that pervasive has a switch to kick the db into continuous mode, but I'm not sure how to make it into a script to run in tapeware.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom