advice on building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
motoxer4533 said:
i don't particularly like the case (or its price tag) but hey, if you like it, so be it.

it was something a friend of mine (who has decently high computer knowledge) recommended. in fact, he was the one who put together the list for most of the hardware

whatsinaname said:
so a thumbs up on the build? at least except for the power supply.

after looking on newegg, the corsair one you proposed, and the one i chose have no difference in price.

And the Corsair is 5 times Better.

Don't even think of saying that the TT has more watts. Because it does, and it also doesn't matter.

Choose the corsair, it is one of the best Power supplies.

It is not logical to buy something that is less in quality for the same price.

But, its your money. :confused:

Ste said:
And the Corsair is 5 times Better.

Don't even think of saying that the TT has more watts. Because it does, and it also doesn't matter.

Choose the corsair, it is one of the best Power supplies.

It is not logical to buy something that is less in quality for the same price.

But, its your money. :confused:

no need to take the "but it's your money" route. seems like you are the expert, and its the same price, so i'll go with the corsair

Thank you!!!!!

It just makes me cringe when someone buys a TT. Even though their toughPower series is ALOT better then previous Models. I can always point someone to a better brand and model. :)

Ste said:
Thank you!!!!!

It just makes me cringe when someone buys a TT. Even though their toughPower series is ALOT better then previous Models. I can always point someone to a better brand and model. :)

'preciate the help. so it seems like this list is the final answer.

i just want to be 100% sure that what i am buying is what i want, so this is the last chance for anyone to speak up.

The only thing is, if you want to OC the proc alot you may want an Aftermarket Heatsink and some Artic Silver 5.

You don't have to buy it now, see how far you get with the stock one first.
Any of these are very good heatsinks.
Tuniq Tower
Sycthe Ninja
XP-120
XP-90
Zalman 9500
Zalamn 9700

2.7 to 3 Ghz on the stock Cooler. But it depends. It depends on the room temparture and how much case airflow you have. In general, people have been getting good overclocks with the stock cooler, but you can push the C2D's much further with an after market one. Such as the ones I suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom