Onboard Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrvoltz

Solid State Member
Alright, I just built my new comp, and I go to install the audio codecs for my onboard sound (I have an MSI P4M890M-L mobo) and it says it can't find the device. So I contact MSI and they say to have a replacement sent to me. My question is, is it really necessary? I mean, if it is indicative of a failing MOBO, then I definately will, but if it is just a quirk, I can get a soundcard for like $20 and be done with it. I really just don't want to have to go through the hassle w/ Tigerdirect if it is at all possible.

Thanks,
Matt

I thought maybe I should give more info on the system, I have a Pentium D 805 2.66 GHz Processor with a stick of 1024 Kingston Ram. I am running a GeForce 7800 GS PCI-Express, I have a PCI slot fan to pull heat off the GFX card ( the last one overheated, so I am trying to make sure that doesn't happen again) I have 2 hard drives, a 120 Gb Sony, and a 200 Gig Hitachi. And like I said, everything is working fine but the sound.

It appears that not only did I post in the wrong section, but that the question has been answered. Sorry to have wasted any ones time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom