Serious Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike9182

In Runtime
I reset my BIOS my removing the battery, and then when I tried to turn the computer on it turned on but the power light did not come on and the hard drive access light came on steady. Does anyone think that replacing the motherboard would fix the computer?

It is a HP Pavilion 8756C

First did you unplug it before you took the battery out? And do you have a cmos clear jumper pin? And did you try to go into the bios and reset your settings after you did this? If you cant get into Bios you could try to unplug the power cable and take the battery out again for a half hour to see if it helps. But you may have a bad board. But it hard to tell if its the board or CPU.

I unplugged it before taking the battery out, I don't think their is a CMOS clear jumper pin. I cannot get into BIOS. I will try taking the battery out far half an hour to see if it helps

Sounds like you didn't connect the LED leads correctly to the motherboard... perhaps you swapped where the HDD activity LED & power LED connect... I have done this before. Seeing as it is an OEM computer though, I doubt you touched the wires.. Did you?

Can you further describe your problem?
Your first post says that the computer turns on, but doesn't mention if it passes POST or if the OS loads.....
Your second post shows you can't get to BIOS....

Please elaborate on this. Might you have put the battery in upside down? Might be a bad CMOS battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom