Looking for a PCI fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

augest

In Runtime
I've been looking around NewEgg for a pci fan. I would like to place it in the first pci slot on my pc. Keep in mind I have a 680I Mother board, An I don't want the fan to be sucking out air while the chipset fan is trying to blow that air on the heat sink. :mad:

Some take up two slot's, Which would be ok but the next slot down is my 8800 GTX so that wouldn't work.
I don't mind if it's a LED, But it has to be red to match.

Maybe it's a waste of time? But none the less I'd like to look around at the least. If there are any good places that sell's nice fan's?

Thank's for the help.

It might be easier to Jury rig a 80 MM Fan using Rubber Bands and Zipp ties. I did that with my two fans on my RAM.
Itd probably be cheaper too.
Just a suggestion.

Thank's for the reply Ste, But I'm very high on look's, So I think rubber band's would make the case look eh...

It's not a need or anything, Since heat is being no problem at all, Just thought it would look neat an help some.

Not sure if you are aware, but all of the PCI fans I have ever seen (HEARD is more like it) are exteremly loud, and if you aren't having heat issues, don't really seem worth the inconvience of the annoying noise.

My $0.02 is FUNCTION OVER FORM... Racing stripes on your car doesn't add to the horsepower, neither does the TypeR badge on your USDM Civic.... :zip:

Well I do have a Fan controller, A GateWatch 2 by AeroCool. An I'm aware they can be alittle loud, So that should fix that problem. But heck I'm not so much worried bout loudness. With the 4 pc's I have in the studio it's loud anyway, That an mixed with all the amp fan's running an stuff.

I don't know, I'll keep a look out. But thank's

i bought one before i got my new case as the old case was small and my gpu got hot so i fitted a pci-e cooler and as above, it was noisy and it didnt really cool the gpu much at all, it was meant to be an extractor type aswell but i ended up taking it out and enjoying the peace and quiet agian.

I wouldnt bother you will just be wasting your money in my opinion.

..... ive never had one before, but i sure have wanted to get one.

Ill probably buy one next time i buy something else @ newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom