Can I overclock an Itel 805d?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

Well, I have never overclocked anything except when I told my friends how fast I went in my 1977 280Z sports car. I wanted to see how fast it went on staight-a-way on highway 104 here in CAL and even though it only went 130 mph, I told my friends 150 mph. [Just don't tell my mom!]

I just finished building my very first computer and it is working nice. I've been reading about this overclocking business and I am not sure if I can overclock my processor with my existing MOBO.

Here is what I put together after waiting over 9 months and reading the various FRY's ads and waiting for their great deals and even free items with rebates.

[I built this entire system for under $350 and no, my shoes do not squeak when I walk, I am just on an incredibly tight budget and don't have any shoes].

It's me, your NANY

NANY = Not A Nerd Yet

My System
Intel 805D [$78]
ESC P4M800PRO-M v.2 [free with 805d]
ThermaTake CPU Fan TR-2-M21-RX [$19]
Microfly clear case $25]
Ultra ATX 500 watt power supply SLi ready [free]
PQI DDR RAM 512+512MB=1GB [$69]
PPA Firewire PCI Card [$15]
e-GeForce 6200 LE APG Video Card 128MB [$29]
Pioneer DVR-710 DVD/CD burner [$25]
Maxtor 120 GB ATA HD-8 MB CACHE [$19]
Maxtor 200 GB SATA HD-8 MB CACHE [$59]
KWorld TV Terminator PCI Card [$20]
Windows XP PRO [free, a friend gave it to me]

Thanks again everyone for helping me to build my very first computer and it really works nice!!! Thanks much!~

The Pentium D 805 is known as one of the most overclockable chips available. My only concerns are that your motherboard and RAM are not exactly top notch.

Dex,

Well, you are right, my MOBO and Ram are not top notch...and it is because I am on an extremely tight budget.

Still, I am interested in trying a little overclocking if someone can show me how...

Thanks,

NANY

Well, the first thing I would do is go into your BIOS and see if you have the option to increase the FSB. Bump it up 5mhz at a time, and see if it boots into windows. Download a program called Super PI, and run the 1m test. If it fails, go back into bios, and bump up the CPU voltage.

If you need any help, you can contact me on AIM at dexaroni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom