I need a PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is but that FPS will run awesome as well and it's 10 bucks cheaper. FPS are always great PSU's and they both have 450w and I will bet you the FPS has just as just as many Amps as well, since I cant compare becuase that coolermaster doesn't have a lot of specs. I still think since they both have the same watts and FPS being a better name in general, for 10 bucks less they it would work the same if not better.

Apokalipse said:
not because of lack of quality.
for more money.

Cooler Master is among the best in terms of price/quality

Ill agree with anything less then 45 to 50 bucks. But anything over that amount No.. :confused:

Again, my list hits 99% of the the "Best" to "good" to "ok" Power supplies.

****, I didn't even Include Hiper Type R or Xclio

I think actually FPS makes the best PSU's for the money under 450w's.

The 400 and 450w model are such good PSU's for the money then it just depends on how many watt's your looking for...Rosewill usually work great but sometimes they give out. My Rosewill 450w runs great and only cost me 38 bucks or something, may not be the best choice but It works well enough for me.

dawizhacker said:
I went to the place where I bought me PSU and asked if I had warranty, they said I have this RMA, where they send it to the states and I get it either repaired, replaced or upgraded to something better, all I need to do is pay shipping. $20

Should I just get it RMA or get a new one?

Antec makes great PSUs, just RMA it, odds are the new one you get back from them wont fail for as long as you use that pc.

Apokalipse said:
take another look:
price/quality has two variables. one of them is price, the other is what?
Excuse me if I interpreted this wrong, but are you saying the Fortron PSU is not a quality power supply?

This is what I saw.

A 450W CoolerMaster Power Supply for 60 bucks, or a 450w Fortron Power Supply for 50 bucks. It's an easy decision for me.

Evergreen said:
Excuse me if I interpreted this wrong, but are you saying the Fortron PSU is not a quality power supply?
no, I was referring specifically to the Cooler Master power supply being of high quality.

Evergreen said:
A 450W CoolerMaster Power Supply for 60 bucks, or a 450w Fortron Power Supply for 50 bucks. It's an easy decision for me.
I'm just speaking from experience: my 450W Cooler Master was able to handle a voltmodded 7950 GT, and an X2 4600+ without any hassles. (both overclocked)

Though later, I replaced the cooler master with a Hiper 580W.

Why?

• modular cables
  • looks great
  • can now use the cooler master PSU for a second system
  • got a matching EPS cable with it
not because it couldn't handle the system, or any quality issues.

Cooler Master is not a bad company but when it comes to it and a Fortron with the same watts I would go with the Fortron becuase the name but still they are not bad PSU's. It's really just hit and miss even some of the good companies. I mean I have a 450w Rosewill powering my system and it's working lol, i'll eventually replace it before it has the chance to die and destroy my entire system lol but I got it for 35 bucks on sale and it it was that or only a 7600GT heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom