Need a Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
I need a monitor for an 8800.

I'm planning on spending about 600AUD (470USD).

I think i might go with a 22" because i'm getting an 8800, so anything smaller is a bit of a waste of reso power, but suggestions otherwise are welcome.

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/monitors/tft/tvmonitor/225bw.asp

is one i'm looking at buying (although the release date is april) i have some friends going to Hong Kong for a holiday, and from experience is seems stuff over there is cheaper, and released a bit earlier, so should i get them to buy for me or what?

P.S That samsung one is coming out april but i'm getting my system real soon, so the earlier i can get my monitor the better. And i'm probably gaming and DVD/Video watching

well that lcd doesnt look too bad but i think you could do better for your money even if buying it cheap in hong kong but remember the import tax if you bring too much electronic equipment and you don't declare you could get screwed. of course in the summer i went to Singapore for 7 weeks and came bac with around 1200pounds worth of imports so your friends may not mind. Id recommend this monitor if you have a good budget the view sonic VX2245 or VX2235 ive got the 45 and its incredible on or off it looks brilliant.

Matt

how exactly does import tax work? They do look good, although how do the prices match up to the samsung one? the tech specs are pretty much the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom