need help with an evga 7950 superclocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgTran

Solid State Member
For some odd reason, this card should be one, if not, the top of the line card for the nvidia 7000 series. And for some reason, My fps isn't constant in games such as cs 1.6. My computer should be able to run cs 1.6 flawlessly, Atleast thats what I've been told. Do you think its something that has to do with my drivers? If so, Can you guide me with what my settings should be set at. Cause I highly doubt it has anything to do with hardware.

Specs :
3.4 Intel P4 CPU
nvidia 680i MoBo
evga 7959 SC graphics card
WD raptor 150 10,000 rpm HD
Corsair xms2 2 gigs
EagleTech 700w PSU

I'm at school right now, So I can't tell you what my settings are set at in my drivers, But i'll check back when i get home. Thanks in advance.

definitly update your drivers, try reinstalling.

by not constant frame rates, do you mean u'r dropping frames?

u should be able to handle it and no the 7950 chip isnt the fastest its actually slower then the 7900 its just the chip they took of the gw2 and made a single card i beleive it is a litle slower then the 7900gt and is faster then the gs but ya update drivers and didnt u put all the info that optimizes 1.6 in the command console

Maybe check for viruses and spyware. You should be able to run source fine with that rig let alone 1.6.

Amd gt player said:
u should be able to handle it and no the 7950 chip isnt the fastest its actually slower then the 7900 its just the chip they took of the gw2 and made a single card i beleive it is a litle slower then the 7900gt and is faster then the gs but ya update drivers and didnt u put all the info that optimizes 1.6 in the command console

Im sorry but a normal 7900 would not be faster than any 7950, well not the 512MB version anyway, plus his is the o/c'ed version as standard i believe?

alright, so i'm at home now. My settings follows,

Anti-Aliasing : Application-controlled
Anisotropic : Application-controlled
Imagine settings : High Performance
Vertical Sync : Off

Should I change anything here?

have you been running windows for long? Might just need a plain ol' format and fresh install. it can work wonders

omgTran said:
For some odd reason, this card should be one, if not, the top of the line card for the nvidia 7000 series. And for some reason, My fps isn't constant in games such as cs 1.6. My computer should be able to run cs 1.6 flawlessly, Atleast thats what I've been told. Do you think its something that has to do with my drivers? If so, Can you guide me with what my settings should be set at. Cause I highly doubt it has anything to do with hardware.

Specs :
3.4 Intel P4 CPU
nvidia 680i MoBo
evga 7959 SC graphics card
WD raptor 150 10,000 rpm HD
Corsair xms2 2 gigs
EagleTech 700w PSU

I'm at school right now, So I can't tell you what my settings are set at in my drivers, But i'll check back when i get home. Thanks in advance.

whats a evga 7959 SC graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom