plugged in my new build - what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
I installed all my hardware, turned puter on. fans on case, video card are spinning. My monitor doesn't have a signal. Open my DVD tray put in windows vista. But, monitor just stays black like it isn't hooked up to anything.

A lot of times if you get no signal on your monitor it could be something to do with your RAM.

My computer didn't work for a day after I hooked up stuff and I found my BIOS LED light error said it to be my ram. I didn't have it in the right slot for it to boot. Theres a few things that could happen but my best guess is something with your ram.

I think the P5B Deluxe is a picky board for ram..Im not to sure how it works with G.Skill. I'm not a huge fan for the P5B Deluxe though, I prefer the P5B-E or the DS3 as they are cheaper, and overclock better. So what if they have one left PCI-E slot lol...

Before taking back the RAM, are you sure that the video card or monitor isn't defective? Have you tried spare monitors and video cards and saw if they worked? Perhaps your old video card?

I just had this issue yesterday with a co-workers comp...ended up being the DVI cable. A couple of the pins where bent. Better save then annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom