do i need more RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertigo93

Baseband Member
i was wondering if you guys can help me with this one....

right now i have 512mb of ram, and at lots of the times i'm on this is my ram usage:

(on average, i have about 100000 available)

i'm thinking of giving my system 1gb of ram, but i'm not sure if its worth it. all i use my computer for is for one game, chatting, and web surfing. this is my current system:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=431078&dlc=en&lang=en

i'm thinking of adding this piece of memory, but i'm not sure if it matches my system, and if its actually worth the upgrade for what i do...
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10047706&catid=10486&logon=&langid=EN

what do you guys think? should i just save my money and keep my system the way it is, or should i just give it 1gb of ram?

oh ok. so i don't really have to upgrade my ram? and if anyone is from the vancouver british columbia area, would they happen 2 know any good stores that sells cheap upgrades?

Okay, just checked your profile. It's not because your parents won't let you, I think you're a mite too old for that. If you're unsure as to the quality/trustworthiness of some websites, I'm sure that you can find someone that can give you a yea or nay.

canadacomputers.com comes up a lot, you might check that out.

Well, I can't think of anymore for canada, but if you find one, I'm pretty sure that if you post it here, someone will tell you whether it's okay to buy from there

avinnik said:
canadacomputers.com

It's like America's newegg.

Seconded. They're generally cheaper than Tiger Direct, and I've dealt with them before. As long as the item isn't out of stock, they ship quite fast. They're quite a trustworthy site. :). Good luck getting your ram!

blackhawk13 said:
Seconded. They're generally cheaper than Tiger Direct, and I've dealt with them before. As long as the item isn't out of stock, they ship quite fast. They're quite a trustworthy site. :). Good luck getting your ram!

I buy my stuff local. They usually know their stuff better than the online places, and if you have to send it back; good luck. It's worth paying the extra.

NCIX is great if you live in BC. They ship faster than TD. I have not heard of Can Computers.

i don't really either order things online too....:)

but anyways, back to the thing, do i really need more RAM for what i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom