very wierd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubis01

Beta member
Hi All,
i have just come accross the wierdest problem ive ever encountered on a pc. all components have been tested and operational. only using a 2400+ cpu, 1.3gb mem, average but decent graphics card and a seagate 40gb HD. all these have been tested seperately and are working.
My problem is that when i boot this system up, it starts to boot up normally, but when it gets to the spot where windows should start loading, it gives a blue screen of death (which is way to quick to read) and restarts. the operating system on the hard drive is working as it has been tested on another system. every thing on the pc is new. even the cpu fan and the power supply.

Anyone seen this type of problem or have any ideas as to the cause?? it has really stumped me. in all my time in pc's this one makes me feel dumb :eek: :eek:

i have done everything from take the MB out of the case (incase of a short:eek: ) to nearly thown it against the wall (havent got the heart :D )

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Bump. Check the bios and make sure all the settings are compatible with your setup.

P.S.: Keep in mind, that if u are using a new system... You will have to reformat. You cannot use a HDD that has the system configuration of your last pc. It will cause a conflict, and will not boot into the o/s. Good luck.

With most newer OS's you don't have to re-format, although for optimal performance that's what you'd want to do.

Is there any beeping coming from the system?

You could try booting from your Windows CD and run their recovery tool.

I had this happen and it was simply ( I felt real stupid) the memory was not seated properly. make sure also that the pins are correct in back of the HD.

thanks for replies all. firstly yes i do feel stupid :D :p :D

the problem seems to be a OP system causing a conflict with previous setup. will try to repair with win cd, then its format time (after a save of important imfo on it using my other pc.). this is my last option, but tried to avoid it. will let you all know how i got on. thanks for all replies

As mentioned above, I received this problem myself when I moved a HDD from one computer to a new one. Reinistalling the OS, or reformatting the drive may be the best alternative to your dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom