Failure to boot from hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaleb2233

Beta member
I'll try to summarize the events leading up to my problem as best I can.

I have two hard drives. I tried installing Windows Vista Business on the first one to use in a dual-boot configuration with Windows XP which was on the second hard drive. Well, the Vista installation worked fine, but when I went to boot into XP, I found Vista's boot loader hadn't recognized Windows XP. Clearly frustrated, I tried several different things until I finally decided to format the first hard drive. It was horrible I lost my entire data from the Hard drive. Vista made my data vanish. I hate it. I tried using repair tool and many recovery software, but it did not work. Please help me out.

As long as you did not rewrite ove the deleted data, you can recover the formated portion of your hard drive with file recovery software such as PC inspector.

running 2 op's on the one system can be a ***** at the best of times

i would say that the best way to do it would be to use a program that has a multi op boot feature or is specificaly designed for this sort of thing

Example Partition magic

failing that never install a second op on your slave drive with the master still connected to the board becouse as youve discovered if your not carefull the installation will mess up your outher drive

if you had removed the outher drive b4 installation and then put it back in after at the opening boot sequence your computer would of told you that it had found multiple op's installed and asked you wich one you wanted to boot on to

Regards and best wish's
Aj

These are all good programs for restoring your data.

Active Undelete v5.1.010
Easy Recovery v6.04
Final Data Enterprise v2.0
Get Data Back v2.1
Recover My Files v3.22

I know Vista doesnÂ’t install itself easily. Something must have happened, thatÂ’s for sure. What software you have used to recover your data? One of the data recovery software I know is Salvage Data recovery Software for windows. My friend used the software and got his data back. Few days back I tried to recover the data of my office system, which I lost accidentally while formatting and it worked well. Try with their software. I think their site name is salvage data.
All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom