Computer doesn't want to overclock my E6300..

Status
Not open for further replies.
mesa said:
are you using the easy made to OC in easytune 5 or advanced mode? beacuse when u oc in the easy it will only let you get to about 2.2 because your MHz FSB is set at stock 266 MHz. The easy mode will only take you to about 320 fsb. If you go into your Advance mode you set your CPU FSB to much higher rate. 429 fsb = 3.0 Mhz. And you not worried about temps? 50c? @ 2.2 ghz? ummm i would be you go any higher you will hit 60c very quick and thats not good. a $45 part will save you 20c, also get arctic silver 5 thermal compound.

I'm using advanced mode and I know quite a bit about computers, I recently switched from computer engineering to the IT field because I suck at math.

Anyway, no, I'm not even close to being worried about 49º at 2.275. Even if it maxed at 60 it wouldn't bother me that much. Chips can handle 60º, now if it was 70º we would have a problem. And I have AS5 applied already, also on my north bridge since they do a crappy job with that.

KingAustin said:
I'm using advanced mode and I know quite a bit about computers, I recently switched from computer engineering to the IT field because I suck at math.

Anyway, no, I'm not even close to being worried about 49º at 2.275. Even if it maxed at 60 it wouldn't bother me that much. Chips can handle 60º, now if it was 70º we would have a problem. And I have AS5 applied already, also on my north bridge since they do a crappy job with that.

just trying to help :/ ...... since you are so smart ill let you figure it out. Oh btw read my settings below...ive done what you are trying to do with the same mobo and chip. Good luck.

I honestly wouldn't be worried about an aftermarket cooler until past 3.1ghz+ (That's my threshold for having to increase CPU Voltages)

mesa said:
just trying to help :/ ...... since you are so smart ill let you figure it out. Oh btw read my settings below...ive done what you are trying to do with the same mobo and chip. Good luck.

I wasn't trying to be an ***, was just stating something. I know how to OC too, but for some reason it just doesn't want to do it in the BIOS. It might have something to do with being in one of the first batches of DS3's made. I helped my friend get the same setup as ours running at 2.9

Evergreen said:
I honestly wouldn't be worried about an aftermarket cooler until past 3.1ghz+ (That's my threshold for having to increase CPU Voltages)

Wait a minute, you exceeded 3.1 w/out a vcore mod?

leje0306 said:
Wait a minute, you exceeded 3.1 w/out a vcore mod?

I can get to 3.1 Ghz without upping my voltage

Only voltage increases are +.2 on the RAM, Running at 4-4-3-9

How the F*&($? I had to do a volt mod to go beyond 2.33 GHz on my 6300(of course I don't really know what I'm doin:)). What are your temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom