Stupid question - DVI cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongb18c

In Runtime
I bought this vid card on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150202

overlooking the fact that it only has DVI-I ports.

My CRT monitor at home obviously has VGA connector...... thus my question is there such a thing like a VGA-DVI female adapter that I can use to make this work? I don't want to have to return the card if I don't have to.

Also, do all LCD displays come with DVI cables?

Your card should have come with the adapter, Look through the box closely. If not you can buy them. To your other question, Almost all LCDs come with a DVI connection.

Package Contents PVT71PUDP3
Driver Disk
User Manual
S-Video Cable
Power Cable
DVI to VGA/D-sub Adapter

Also an excellent choice in the card type...7900GS kicks ***. I still would have went with a standard eVGA as they overclock just as high heh. Those have a steezy black finish though.

Thanks for the quick responses guys....

I guess I should have examined more closely under the specifications list, thanks Sora.

it's ok I bought my 7900GS with a DVI adaptor for an extra 3 bucks becuase I didin't read. I felt stupid after they gave me not one but TWO for dual monitors haha....

Plus eVGA will replace your card if you over clock to high an it ruin's it. I really love eVGA an their lifetime warranty on everything.

augest said:
Plus eVGA will replace your card if you over clock to high an it ruin's it. I really love eVGA an their lifetime warranty on everything.

lifetime warranty??? u serious?? wow i didnt even know that. What would happen if u ruin ur GPU card made from them n try to get another one? Do u get another for free? Do u call them up n tell the serial number?

this is interesting, any other companies that have lifetime warranty too?

You can't damage a card by overclocking unless you change the stock volts though...it will just artifact or not pass internal tests if too high. Yea though eVGA has awesome warranty and run really cool.

Sora said:
You can't damage a card by overclocking unless you change the stock volts though...it will just artifact or not pass internal tests if too high. Yea though eVGA has awesome warranty and run really cool.

cool, but once ur card is damaged, or dead, do u just call them n say "hey, my card died i need a new one......"

gmanych said:
BFG Also have Lifetime Warranty

cool, what about Nvidia or ATI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom