Help me with Intel CPU Choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual Core is it?

Okay, so dual-core is obviously the way to go, which for me means a whole new system from the ground up.

Which would be better though, a faster P-D that I can over clock, or a much slower C2D, which costs a ton more. Is there s big difference between those architectures... really?

I would really go with the Core 2 Duo, because even though the Pentium D looks like it has a better CPU speed, the truth is that C2D is 1. Dual Core, and 2. Easily overclocked.

Take into concideration that Pentium D's are an older generation of CPU's and they are far less efficient.

I would strongly recommend ANY C2D over a Pentium D, Athlon, AM2.

An even greater reason to buy a C2D.

Prices will drop with the new quads comin out.

Man, I'd say you get a C2D!

avinnik said:
I would really go with the Core 2 Duo, because even though the Pentium D looks like it has a better CPU speed, the truth is that C2D is 1. Dual Core, and 2. Easily overclocked.

Take into concideration that Pentium D's are an older generation of CPU's and they are far less efficient.

I would strongly recommend ANY C2D over a Pentium D, Athlon, AM2.

Pentium D is dual core....and overclockable....I'm not arguing that C2D is not way better, just not seeing your point...

Heh, yeah I kind of forgot that it's dual core.

It's just more efficient and saves energy more than any processor. I don't know, C2D is better, and I believe it's better than any Pentium D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom