Hard drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

Solid State Member
hi, first time poster here

I've got a 120gb, which had 3 patitions with windows 98 and xp and another partition for storage.

I formatted the drive and erased all partitions, using maxblast 3. In maxblast I also partitioned the drive again, and was being read as a 120gb hdd. But when i rebooted and checked the bios it said the drive was only 32 or 33gb, also when installing windows it also only shows 32 gb.

I've tried writing zeros to the drive and having only 1 partition but it still reads 32gb. I also tried it in another pc as a slave and it still reads 32gb within windows xp and bios

I know it doesnt need bios flashing as it was reading it properly before the format, and ive tried it in other pcs.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

i could be completely wrong... but perhaps "large disk support" has been disabled?

agex000 said:
i could be completely wrong... but perhaps "large disk support" has been disabled?

ill look into that when i get home from work, but i think its unlikely as i havent changed any bios settings, and it was being detected before the format

is it a maxtor? bet it is. There is a diskette that you can make that has a small program for fixing this. sorry I don't know the program name. I'll try to get the name of it from my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom