Copy 2 DVD's at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without a doubt you will need a RAID or a SATA config to pull this off. But in the same essance doing this will do nothing but cause troubles. I remember when i tried to rip 2 CD's at once with 2 different apps. Nothing but problems.

Best bet use DVD Shrink and copy then over slowly.

Makaveli213 said:
Without a doubt you will need a RAID or a SATA config to pull this off. But in the same essance doing this will do nothing but cause troubles. I remember when i tried to rip 2 CD's at once with 2 different apps. Nothing but problems.

Best bet use DVD Shrink and copy then over slowly.

he can use shrink to rip one copy, but then he could use instant cd/ dvd to burn it, even in an ide setup. it won't pull on the cpu that much. I used to do it all of the time in 2002-2003, when I use to make dvd burning guides at www.videohelp.com. I got tired of the thousands of emails that I use to get, so I stopped going there

I just built this for dj wise.

http://www.droppinbombz.homestead.com/welcome.html

it's the same machine as my new one with a bigger processor (amd 5000 as opposed to a 4600 as microcenter new sale dropped that processor price 100.00 bucks to match what I paid for mine 2 weeks ago) and 4 lite on dvd burners. I have one dvd burner. it also has 500 gig of storage and 2 gigs of ram

I was looking for a new program to do this since instant cd/dvd and cdrwin are outdated. I heard people say that roxio and nero can do it. I hate roxio and I couldn't find the option in nero. I accidentally found out that alcohol 120 does it and it use very little cpu cycles.

I'm jealous now. I'm going to order 3 more dvd burners.

my hdd are sata, so I use all 4 burner in the ide slots. I could have went the opposite direction and ordered 4 sata dvd burners (each one costs 10 more dollars), but newegg was out of stock of them

SCSI003.jpg

SCSI.jpg

PS. make sure all of the burners are the same model or you will have coasters

Big Lou said:
While we are on this subject. If I pop in a DVD in one drive, will I be able to burn to the other drive no problem?

There would be a problem for sure..Two problems I can think of off the top of my head. 1) Encryption 2) Size. There is no way you can use burning software such as nero and simply hit "DVD Copy" it will most likely error out on encryption and if it doesnt and actually makes the image for burning it will most likely be around 8-9GB which will not fit on a normal 4.7GB DVD...so unless you have dual layer media it would not work.

Now there may be "all in one" DVD copying programs that A) Decrypt the file B) Shrinks the file to fit on a standard 4.7GB DVD C) records it.

This would take quite some time I would imagine though so I still do the old school "rip with dvd shrink/burn with nero" method. Sometimes I will just RIP the DVD and burn at a later time if I am lazy. If the DVD's are copies they will copy with no problem because all the work is done already.

funny thing. I never notice that big lou wanted to copy 2 different dvd at the same time until now. I must have came home drunk for the club when I read this.

my method is for simultaneous copying

Alcohol is giving the same advice that I give about same kinds of dvd burners

Multirecorders.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom