UPS came 8800 GTX - questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
my EVGA 8800 GTX came today. I unpackaged it. I have a question. It says right on the box that you need to hook up 2 6 pin power connectors. It came with two connectors. They're both 2 4 pin connectors (for a regular power connection) and they "Y" into a little 6 pin connector that plugs into the video card. Does this mean that I need to have 4 power connections plugging into this thing? Or is it just one?? I was just hoping that someone has experience with this card and can help me out.

Yes, 4 Molexs, 2 per 6 Pin Connector.

Im assuming the the converter is just that, two 4 Pin molexs to one 6 Pin.

But you shouldn't need to worry as the Power supply you have has two PCIE Connectors.

so those connectors are if you don't have them off your PSU?? I'm new to all this! Socket A, AGP was my last build. I haven't unpackaged everthing yet to figure it all out.

plumber4578 said:
so those connectors are if you don't have them off your PSU?? I'm new to all this! Socket A, AGP was my last build. I haven't unpackaged everthing yet to figure it all out.

Correct, alot of Video card packages include those conversion connectors because they assume many peopl don't have two PCIE Connectors from their PSU.

yeah, someone in this forum suggested it was a really good one. I think I'm going to like it. That's what went out on my last system. I wanted to make sure that my new system had a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom