Need A Vid Card for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
I was going to buy the 7900gs, but I've heard Nvidia's drivers for Vista suck so I'm not sure what to get. How bad are they? Should I go ATI?

Just looking for something to hold me over till dx10 prices drop. Btw, that's a nvidia too so it'd have the same problem?

Just go with the 7900GS as Im sure there are good 3rd party drivers if they suck that bad in Vista. The 7900GS is a highly overclockable card that will kick serious *** until vista and DX10 comes in full force. My 7900GS kicks oblivions *** in 1440x900 res hehe.

Man, I'm sooo tempted to get the 640mb 8800gts lol. I shouldn't though cause it hasn't even been tested with dx10 games yet, right?

What do you mean by tested? How could it possibly suck? Look at the benchmarks on the thing. It'll perform on anything you need it to for a long time to come. It would be smarter to go with the lower end 8 series in my opinion. If you don't NEED that amount of graphics rendering power, Then there's no point in spending that much on a card.

The 320mb version is good for lower resolutions like 1280x1024. If you have 1600x1050 or above id get the 640mb version.

And why not go with the 8800gts? In my opinion it is good both ways; its not as expensive as the 8800gtx but it still packs a punch and is dx10 supported.

The lower end models like the 8600gt (is it gt i forgot?) might not be out for another month (or more) unless a release date has come out i missed.

The mid range Nivida cards are supposed to be released around the same time as the ATI R600....I think.... I was looking into buying the 8600 Ultra... but I just went ahead and bought a 640mb 8800gts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom