what new motherboard & CPU should i get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rance

Beta member
I am thinking about getting a new motherboard and cpu. I have heard asus are really good motherboards for gamming and stuff. Im looking to spend around 400$ on a new motherboard and processor. I kinda want the processor to be an AMD like an athlon xp or something thatÂ’s really fast. Maybe like around 3.0GHz. what should i go with.

Well, hmm.....

You could get a 2800+ or 3000+ Athlon XP for $120 or You could get a AMD 64 3000+ which I think is about $180:confused:

The AMD is abit faster than XP's and even with the mobo it should be within your budget;)

As for the motherboard, ASUS are good brands and nForce is a very good chipset, adn thats about all I know in that area:p

The Merlin said:
The AMD is abit faster than XP's and even with the mobo it should be within your budget;)
? i thought AMD was XPs to? i thought that was just the brand?

also why on the AMDs does it say like 3200+ (2.2GHz) ? shouldnt it be 3.2 GHz?

like on windows it says 2.2GHz in system settings but with intels it says 3.2 GHz

Rance said:

also why on the AMDs does it say like 3200+ (2.2GHz) ? shouldnt it be 3.2 GHz?

AMD use PR~Performance Rating to name their cpu.
That's mean for 3200+ the performance is same like Intel 3.2GHz.

ah i see. but why on does it say 2.2ghz on windows why doesnt it just say 3.2 if thats really what it is.

Rance said:

Sorry to confuse you, It was a typo and it should have said that the AMD64 is abit faster then the Athlon XP's:mad:

Bcosz the real frequency is 2.2G. Is just that although with AMD2.2G is still can compete with Intel3.2G.
Frequency higher doesnt mean that will be faster. They still have a lot of factors to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom