E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
Hey guys, i just built ny first comp and want to OC my e6600 to get better performance. I have the P5B- Deluxe WiFi and 2g G-skill 800. I have no experiance OCing and understand the basic concepts of it, but really have no idea what im doing, can anyone with the similar set up help me with specific numbers; fsb, volts and such or a program that can do it for me.

Every processor is different so your request will be difficult. Google it and you will find out that it is not that hard to do. You have great hardware for OCing though!

I'm at 3ghz...so far

Last night I finished putting together my c2d pc using an ASUS P5L-VM 1394, 2g transcend memory and so far I've been able to get the cpu up to 3.01 with stock hsf. One issue though. I had to lower my mem frequency. It still performance 10x faster than my previous set up...an athlon xp-m2400+ overclocked to 3200+.
I think with better memory I can get beyond the 3.2 mark. Tonight I will attempt another small increase.

i got mine to 3.2 easy but it doesnt want to go past that...might be a heat issue or maybe a memory issue..

make sure when you over-clock, you do it in little increments. Once you go too far your CPU is toast. I would recommend getting a Zalman Heatsink fan or something to keep your processor at a cool temperature at faster speeds

i would recommend
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223

if you're looking for hardcore over-clocking i would recommend switching over to liquid cooling *which is a completely different ball park* ;)

I never used a Zalman, but I'm looking to get one because I have a E6600 too and I want to do some OCing as well.

But I'm wondering, those sinks are so large how can I be certain it'll fit my case (Coolmaster Centurion)? Also aren't they really heavy? When you stand your PC up ..... will the MB be able to hold it on stably?

I'm running a Zelman 9500 on my E6700, An it's really not "that" heavy", At least not enough to hurt the mother board by any mean's.

I read review's that install was hard to do an people ended up cutting themself on it alot trying to.

I must say I had no problem at all an took me about maybe 10 minute's at the most, An that's with applying my AS5 to the cpu.

It really is big no doubt, Much bigger then I thought it would be. But to tell you the truth, I believe one would have no problem putting it in a mid sized tower. Aslong as your CPU slot is far enough away from your GPU.

Here is a photo I took when I got it installed on my board.
Click Here < I wasn't done building yet but seem's to be the best one I can find of a good shot.

I've only got my E6700 clocked up to 3.06 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom