HELP- How to Make XP Disc Image for Reload

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysNightOut

In Runtime
I have had to reformat my PC numerous times and it gets old of having to do it, tweak everything manually again, reinstall all my software I want at a fresh start etc. etc.

I know there's a way to make a bootable image disc that if XP ever crashes it will run an XP pro sp2 install freshly...then self extract and install any managed software I want installed after XP is loaded.

Does anyone know how to go about doing this? If not possible, then at least an self-extracting CD that contains all of my software I can run after I reload from my XP Pro CD.

I know at my job, we have XP Pro SP2 CD's that contain everything for a fresh reload including updates, programs and all of the like in one CD image...

Any help is greatly appreciated! I searched but did not find an answer that suited me well enough. Thanks again all!

ye sit is possible. i have seen custom XP cds that have SP2 and install firefox and thunderbird instead of IE and outlook. however i dont know how they do it.

I know at my work we have CD's like it too.

They install XP Professional SP2, then uninstall Outlook, and unnecessary files like games etc., then they install managed software like thunderbird, firefox, office 2003 pro etc.

I know it searches the network for those apps though I think, I think the CD directs to our apps server which from there remotely installs images of the various softwares we use...maybe it can't be done by a home user without a network then...now that I think about it ugh...

I'm sure there's a way to create some sort of managed xp image though for me to just load on any PC and install my essential files and Pro SP2 the way I want it customized too. Then just run a second self-extracting CD of all my programs I want installed lie antivirus material, spyware programs etc.

Thank you so much! I'll look into it that program. NLite looks like a good choice also...was just researching it. One better than the other feature-wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom