Can't boot despite attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

leje0306

In Runtime
I just built my rig(signaturt) and was attempting to overclock it. Got the processor up to like 2.14 and v1.40 or the closest tier. It wouldn't boot windows so I tried to go back to the last settings that worked I think it was 300 FSB and 1.375v now my computer tries to start but stops right before post. Then the computer runs but nothing shows up on the monitor. Thanks in advance for help.

this is like the fourth or fifth post i have read lately about c2ds not overclocking and having problems booting after an attempt...
you guys think this is the start of a trend (maybe a problem with a certain stepping?) or user error?

your stock multiplier (i think, help me out here intel people) is 7 and the fsb should be 266, not 300. try setting it back to that. also, clear the cmos.
mine does the "runs but nothing on the monitor" when my bus speed (amd fsb, kinda) is too high. i don't know if that is the case for you, tho...
not much help, sorry.

I think people move too quickly on OCing now. Not giving the right amount of time before trying for more.

People should also Flash the BIOS before doing anything also..

cleared cmos, able to get it running (on monitor) but randomly crashes during games (at stock bios settings) anyone know anything?

I would run memtest for a few hours. What are tempartures? CPU, Case, GPU, etc?

Something is drastically wrong when you have problems at stock....

Haven't run anything yet, but I too suspect memory probs. CPUZ says its running single channel, so I don't know whats goin on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom