Best place to buy a Gaming rig with 1500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodex123

Baseband Member
Hey ive alreadly seen places like cyberpowerpc and ibuypower that offer great deals, are there any other sites to recommend?

Buildityourself dot com

newegg
zipzoomfly
sundialmicro
chiefvalue

Mushkin 550 watt
E6400 (Artic Silver 5 + tuniq tower or scythe ninja or XP-90/120, + 120MM Fan)
ASUS P5B E
eVGA 8800GTS
G Skill DDR2 667 2 GB ( 2 X 1 GB)
Audigy 2 ZS or X-fi
320 GB Seagate 16 MB Cache SATA
Optorite 16X DVD-RW
Widescreen Hanns G or sceptre or Samsung
Pick a nice big case (Antec, silverstone, li lian, TT, Cool Master)

I'd mainly recommend newegg.com. They've got a very large selection of parts and their prices are unmatched.

Here's a suggested build.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz - $314
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 - $122.99
Memory: G.Skill 2 x 1GB DDR2-800 - $168.99
Video Card: eVGA 8800GTS 320MB - $299.99
Power Supply: Hiper 530W Modular - $79.99
Hard Drive: Seagate 320GB SATA 3.0 - $89.99
Optical Drive: LG 18X Super Multi DVD+/-RW - $28.99
Monitor: HansG 19" LCD 1440x990 - $179.99
Case: Antec Nine Hundred - $149.99

Total: $1434.92

Missing: Keyboard, Mouse and Speakers.

Notes: The case is a very good one but it's expensive. If you feel you don't want to spend that much, I'll review the build.

Nice!!!!!

I will defeniatly check that out, although i wasnt planning on building my own rig.

Rodex123 said:
I will defeniatly check that out, although i wasnt planning on building my own rig.

Oh, haha, my mistake! I'm just used to suggesting builds for people that want to build themselves.

If you build yourself, you'll save some money, learn a lot in the process and when you're done, you'll have that great feeling of knowing you did it all yourself.

The downside, of course, is that it requires patience and discipline. Read the manuals (!), think carefully what you're doing and don't freak out if there's a problem, they can usually be solved very easily.

If you ever need any help, let us know.

Thanks for all the help guys, i probably could build it myself. But the only problem is there is no OS in any of the builds you suggested, im pretty sure they dont come with them.

Im looking to buy Vista Premium and I can get that from cyber power with 7.1 speakers for about 1500-1600, same specs as i see here.

I never include an OS in the builds I propose because I assume that the person already has a copy of their favorite operating system. If that's not the case, buying it from any retail store is pretty much the same, so I leave that to the person.

Can you post the link for the computer you mention (cyber power)?

If you absolutely have to go with a pre built system go with alienware, voodoo, or falcon northwest. Though you'll get a lot more expierience, bang-for-your-buck, and you'll have a lot more fun building one yourself. The rig Meithan suggested would be out of this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom