*remake* GTG millisecond monitors best suited for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
im looking into 5ms monitors around that range, 19-20" inch monitors, n i sometimes come across GTG monitors on newegg.com n i was wondering, is GTG best suited for gaming?

i know somewhat GTG stands for *Gray to Gray* but what is the difference in a GTG ms monitor in gaming n a monitor that doesnt have GTG ms?

(dont ask y it's a remake)

i think you've misconceived the meaning a little.

while i never quite fully understood the initial explanation tomshardware gave (or the somewhat connected article about the onset of overdrive) i do know that grey to grey is simply a different method of measuring response time, one that is often more favorable looking.

basically it's just a lower sounding number of what the real response time is.....basically.

so yes all LCD's technically can have a grey to grey measurement as far as i'm aware.

Now some 1 correct me if im wrong but I think some companies use that to make there product look better.... because most of the time it will say.... Gray to Gray: 5ms then Black to Black: 10ms
or sumthin like that...

what im sayin is if im correct is that its easier to go from white to Gray faster=5ms then White to Black=10ms....

dont quote me on this just a theory..

it means how long the it takes the piel to change from grey to another colour to grey again normal response times are better or more accurate from what ive heard. Id recommend a view sonic VX2235 or VX1935 ive got the VX2245 and it looks incredible on or off bit expensive though.
Matt

saltynay said:
it means how long the it takes the piel to change from grey to another colour to grey again normal response times are better or more accurate from what ive heard. Id recommend a view sonic VX2235 or VX1935 ive got the VX2245 and it looks incredible on or off bit expensive though.
Matt

hey there, sry for long time response, but thx for ur advice n i will go with a normal response time monitors, thx. U helped me a lot.......i guess.

this thread my be closed :)

i dont think you got it yet though, all of them are normal response time monitors, the grey to grey was just a different and more favorable way of listing the response time, any of them can have either measurement posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom