Computer Freezes Frequently...Need New Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

take_it_apart

Solid State Member
My computer will freeze at fairly ramdom times. Sometimes with IE, other times when installing a game or recently burning or formatting a CD. I have updated the drivers repetedly tried changing out CD drives added RAM removed PCI cards and added a bigger power supply. I have no ideas left. I am at a loss as to fix the problem.

does your video card fan still work? is your CPU heatsink clean? maybe you need another case fan.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am running Windows XP Home. As for cooling I was thinking that may be part of the problem. There are two fans in the power supply, the processor fan and one exhaust fan. However the heatsink on the video card still seems a little hot to the touch for me. I was worried that I was not getting enough air into the case so I removed the side pannel and it might be running a little better with that off or it might be by imagination. Add some more fans you think? Or perhaps get a better ventilated case?

BTW There is no fan on the video card.

I read in someone elses thread that if there is no beep from the computer when it boots up the motherboard is dead. This happens sometimes when I try to reset after the computer freezes. Perhaps my problem is the motherboard? I know it is a cheap biostar. Perhaps I just got a bad one?

Usually the system will shutdown if it gets too hot unless you fried somethin then it would freeze but wouldn't come back on.

i also have the ati 9200 128mb vid card. i went to fry's electronics and bought my own fan 7cfm(cubic feet per minute air moving capacity) that fits perfectly on the vid card heatsink. Since then i have had only one crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom