DVD Folder (VIDEO_TS) to .avi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win2kpatcher said:
I usually just rip the DVD with DVD Decryptor and disable splitting of the VOB files..so it makes one massive 8GB VOB file :) there are other easier ways I am sure, but it works for me and I am to lazy to figure out anything else..hah. Then of course you simply convert that VOB to Divx or Xvid is your best bet. Or just browse torrent sites for the movie you want and save time I am sure its there unless its home made ;)

yes. you probably need to decrypt it or you are doing something wrong. I personally use that version lot of times. maybe you need to clean your registry (you uninstall the newest version, right?) of the newer version

There is a way to merge all of the .vob files.
You need to open a command prompt, then cd to the video_ts folder
then type:

Code:
 copy /b file1.vob + file2.vob + file3.vob + .... + filex.vob new_huge_file.vob

thanks for all your replys guys. It turns out that what i thought was one movie (Ribon no Kishi) was auctually comprised of several seperate "epidodes" and the 20 minute segments that the programs (DVDx, AutoGK, DVD Decrypter) were giving me were correct. I wound up just ripping the VOBs for the individual episodes with DVD Decrypter and then using a birtate calculator and SUPER (mencoder) to convert the files to the format/size that I wanted. DVD Decrypter is such an awesome program, I cant see myself needing any other program. Thanks again for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom