Build or buy prebuilt PC... I work at CompUSA get discount!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I was wondering if it would still be better to build or buy a prebuilt PC. I work at CompUSA and if I do buy a desktop there, I would get around $200+ off the price since I will be paying around how much CompUSA paid for the computer.....

So is it still better to build your own PC or buy a prebuilt one?

I was also thinking, if I do make my PC, I will probably get the monitor at CompUSA if its cheaper there or I can get one at newegg and then say........ get like a 19" monitor or 22" one and get the replacement plan at CompUSA. When we run out of 19" or 22" monitor get my monitor replaced for a better one :D hehe.

Also, I was thinking of like getting a graphics card that we dont sell in the store... say like GeForce GTS 320MB Graphics Card but since we sell that one....... say when we run out of stock, I can get it replaced and say it doesnt work anymore and then get the 640MB version haha. :D

Does that sound good? But should I still build my PC? It seems like even with the employee price, I still am not saving money because like the E6600 processor will cost $350.00 from $380.00 normal price, so i only save 30 bux with employee price and it cost less than $320 in Newegg.

So I guess Ill just build my PC then........ and maybe just take advantage of the Replacement Program at CompUSA because its 50% off for us employees. And then I can take advantage of it and get it replaced for a better one since they dont downgrade the replacements but will upgrade it.

So say... if CompUSA only sells Quad Processors and I bought an E4300 Core 2 Duo in Newegg, go to CompUSA to get the replacement plan and then the next day say that the processor broke, I can get it replaced for a Quad Processor! Hehe :D *evil*

i'd build your own, unless you can get one for a ridiculously low price.

Okay, thanks ^^^ :D

I think Ill wait till prices on CPU's goes down though, around mid April or so when E6600 will go down to E6400's current price and E6700 will go down to E6600's current price. And in that time, GTS might go down as well :D I dont really need a new PC until fall anyway when Ill be in college. My laptop still works, hehe, thank goodness its still a live. But I just cant play games with it anymore. Hopefully 22" screens will drop down and maybe 24 inchers as well. Get some huge *** screen for the dorm hehe doubling as a TV :D

why dont you buy stuff from both newegg and your work, im pretty sure some stuff like cases and monitors will be alot more convenient or cheaper at your work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom