Video Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB_13

Baseband Member
I recently purchased a motherboard. The AGP slot on the motherboard is 8x it has one slit in it but I've found that some video cards have two slits in it will these fit in my motherboard or do I have to use the video cards with one slit in it?

The motherboard is an MSI 800 FSB, 8x AGP, 865PE chipset, 478 processor, 4 dimm DDR, 5 PCI, 3 ATA and one floppy, 4 serials, 6 usb and all the standard ports.

All motherboards as of right now only have one agp slot and that is just how things are. Im thinking the second slit is meant for the PCI slot.

Let me try a better explanation. Some of the video cards I have seen have one slit looks like a pci connection. Some of them have two. The thing is my agp slot looks like a pci slot but I'm pretty sure the ones with the two slits will fit. But the question is will these work or do I have to buy the ones with one slit?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter, all video cards (i think) are universal in the fact that they all match up on the slit in the agp slot. Some video card for some reason have an extra slit, I think my 9800xt does, and it's fine in my system. So the answer to your question is no, it doesn't matter and it should work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom