dvd won't burn cd (Help Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

In Runtime
New build xp pro... problem new dvd rw won't burn cdrw's It shows dvd drive in the control panel... drive reads cd's

When I r. click on folder->send to-> theres no dvd drive in menu. DVDRW-connected IDE - HD-connected sata... in BIO dvd is set as slave would that any make a difference ?

Thanks for any Help

This is the drive-Lite on LH 20A1H 185
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827106055

Still having the same problem..been doing allot of searching haven't found any salutations.
Narrowed it a little XP is not seeing drive as writable drive.
In the CD Properties there is no recording tab

DVDRW will burn with Nero but not XP. it seems like driver conflict or driver missing in XP to much searching & reading I'm confused
tryed most of the obvious.

Any Ides,or solution of what to try next .

Thanks

I would think that since your HD is SATA, your DVD being IDE, it would be the master IDE drive with the HD being the master SATA device. Perhaps your system is confused that it can't find the master IDE drive?

superdave1984 said:
I would think that since your HD is SATA, your DVD being IDE, it would be the master IDE drive with the HD being the master SATA device. Perhaps your system is confused that it can't find the master IDE drive?
Thanks for the quick reply
Sense my org. post I have set jumper to master and rebooted let BIO auto dect. it set it as 4th master for some reason
If HD set to 0 master should dvdrw be set to 1st or 2nd ? master I'm not very experienced about BIO

No change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom