Fresh Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeylips87

Beta member
i just bought another Gig of ram...i already have 1g...comp max is 2g....everytime i try to boot the comp makes it to the Windows 2000 professional screen and freezes....i went into bios mode and the comp is detecting the ram...it says i have 2g....ive tried switching the ram back and forth but no dice....the new stick is good...ive booted it up and it works....i actually using it now...any ideas? cuz i out...

Intel Pentium 4: 3g Processor
Asus mother board:p5S800-VM
On board graphics card 32mb
80g HD:Samsung SP1604N
Benq DVD DD DW 1620
Windows 2000 professional
Service Pack 4
1g Kbyte Ram

ive new info, i also just bought a new vid card. 256mb GeForce fx 5200. i tried installing that with just one stick and the screen went green and black right before the windows load screen...the comp registers that its in there but wont load....when i get to the green screen the comp will not respond to anything...my old graphics card was an AGP...i figured it had been fried because it wasnt working anymore...the computer would start but wouldnt bring up and thing on the screen...the monitor would go into rest mode. the monitor is good...do i need a new mobo?

so now it wont POST?
the basic thing to do now is to reset ur BIOS through jumpers or by removing the battery from the mobo.

how many Watts do u have running on ur Power supply?

i have 450watts...ive already taken the battery out for an hour... it reset the bios but it still didnt help with the ram...i dont even use the old AGP card anymore...im not exactly sure on how to do the jumpers but i kno wat your talking about...any help would be appreciated...im at a dead end here...thanks

donkeylips87 said:
Intel Pentium 4: 3g Processor
Asus mother board:p5S800-VM
On board graphics card 32mb
80g HD:Samsung SP1604N
Benq DVD DD DW 1620
Windows 2000 professional
Service Pack 4
1g Kbyte Ram

Kbyte RAM is the worst of the worst, i would never recommend this product , my friend ordered 1 online and it kept on crashing on him.. heres some proof....http://www.epinions.com/content_127918444164
run a microsoft memtest located here on system boot and see if it WILL give any errors

BTW wats the other stick of RAM u have?

it came in computer all it says on the stick is "Advanced Modules"
i switched out the ram just to make sure it works.....

and holy crap my computer just booted up with 1 stick of ram and my new graphics card...so hopefully i can keep that goin...any other ideas on the ram?

Windows 2000 Professional
Windows XP AWE API and 4 GB of physical RAM
Windows XP SP2 and later AWE API and 4 GB of physical address space
Windows 2000 Server
Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition AWE API and 4 GB of RAM
Windows Server 2003 SP1, Standard Edition AWE API and 4 GB of physical address space
Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition 8 processors and 32 GB RAM
Windows Server 2003 SP1, Enterprise Edition 8 processors and 64 GB RAM
Windows 2000 Advanced Server 8 processors and 8 GB RAM
Windows 2000 Datacenter Server 32 processors and 32 GB RAM (support for 64 GB was not offered because of a lack of systems for testing)
Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition 32 processors and 64 GB RAM
Windows Server 2003 SP1, Datacenter Edition 32 processors and 128 GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom