Windows XP + NLite

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbailey77

Solid State Member
Hey,
I made an ISO image of XP SP2 with Nlite. I integrated service pack 2 in the list of patches along with 10 other bigger windows updates. I burned the ISO image to a DVD (850 megs) and it is bootable. The install went ok, and when it finished it restarted the PC. The install seemed ok and went through the welcome to Windows spiel and then it restarted. It comes up to the XP splash screen and restarts again and keeps looping that way. Could it be the video drivers? It will go into safe mode but thats it. I had a hard time integrating the video drivers to NLite and didnt think that it would cause this kind of problem. Any help would be appreciated.

no point in listing the updates as it will do this with only SP2 as a patch and no other updates.

cbailey77 said:
no point in listing the updates as it will do this with only SP2 as a patch and no other updates.

there is no point in helping you then. btw I am a expert with nlite. some things it just won't work with. taking out certain stuff with have a similar effect

Yes it will boot into safe mode fine..
No point in helping me? if your an expert in NLite prove it...you asked to list the updates which was the first thing I checked when I noticed it didnt work. Was a pretty obvious thing to check even for a first time user of NLite.

This program Nlite, lets you create a bootable XP Pro image and add whatever programs you want to install along with it via self-installations?

Any info would be appreciated, I have a thread about this sort of thing I just posted this AM. Thanks!

cbailey77 said:
Yes it will boot into safe mode fine..
No point in helping me? if your an expert in NLite prove it...you asked to list the updates which was the first thing I checked when I noticed it didnt work. Was a pretty obvious thing to check even for a first time user of NLite.

for me to help you, you have to provide me with the info that I asked for. I don't have to prove jack to you.

I get tired of people posting questions here, then when somebody tries to help, they refuse to give the info that the helper asked, but still want the help.

you don't know what's wrong, otherwise you wouldn't be posting. I can help you figure it out, but you obviously don't want help

I already said in an earlier post that I tried creating the ISO image with no windows updates or driver files at all and it still goes into an endless rebooting loop.

cbailey77 said:
Hey,
I made an ISO image of XP SP2 with Nlite. I integrated service pack 2 in the list of patches along with 10 other bigger windows updates. I burned the ISO image to a DVD (850 megs) and it is bootable. The install went ok, and when it finished it restarted the PC. The install seemed ok and went through the welcome to Windows spiel and then it restarted. It comes up to the XP splash screen and restarts again and keeps looping that way. Could it be the video drivers? It will go into safe mode but thats it. I had a hard time integrating the video drivers to NLite and didnt think that it would cause this kind of problem. Any help would be appreciated.

are you sure that you said that?

first start the computer and hit f8 but don't go into safe mode. disable automatic restart instead then reboot. what exactly does the error say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom