Power Supply Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonoz

In Runtime
I think I might have a power supply problem.

SOmetimes when I boot my computer my hard drive is not detected, my sound card is not detected, my video card is not detected. Sometimes the lights in my PC (neon light, fans, etc.) sometimes they are not fully lit or "flicker"... sometimes computer boots without the fans getting any power.

Also, when everything is working fine? if I flick a bundle of wires coming from the PSU, all of a sudden lights would flicker and I would get an error message that my hard drive is not detected, etc.

So, is this my PSU then? most specifically I think it's the wires...

is it my PSU?

had this problem before:

metal strip is sticking out (push it back in)
or ur power connector isnt plugged in properly

sylwek said:
had this problem before:

metal strip is sticking out (push it back in)
or ur power connector isnt plugged in properly

Are you sure that by the symptoms I have listed that that's the problem?

Ok I've had my PC for 3 years.

It's got a 500w power supply.
Processor: AMD FX-51 2.2Ghz
Memory: 2x512MB Corsair
Video: Ati 9800xt 256mb
Sound: Creative Soundcard Audigy
Drives: 2xDVD drives. 2xHDDs.

Its not life threatening to check, if its sticking out then push it in if not then its a faulty PSU. get a new one before it ***** up ur motherboard

remember metal expands when it get hot and contracts when it gets cold. there might be a possibility that the metal stripe that is compressed against the wire(s) might of gotten loose after 3 Years!

sylwek said:
Its not life threatening to check, if its sticking out then push it in if not then its a faulty PSU. get a new one before it ***** up ur motherboard

remember metal expands when it get hot and contracts when it gets cold. there might be a possibility that the metal stripe that is compressed against the wire(s) might of gotten loose after 3 Years!

Do you think if that's the problem.. PSU might still be faulty?

no, because theres no power going through to the Pins in the motherboard when the metal is loose, so each time u move the wires the metal stripe may touch the pin(s) and causes it to work or if its connected but loosely and u move the wires it causes no power .

Just check if any of them are sticking out, all u need to do is open the side panel of ur computer and pull out a flash light and see. but if all are connected normally then something is going on in the PSu its self. Might be a burnt or loose solder from a wire inside the PSU.

I checked, it's not the pins... it's so weird... at a flick on the wires, the hard drive works fine... but if I give it another flick I will get error that hard drive is not detected.. computer freezes because utilities are using stuff on the other hard drive... etc...

What's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom